|Home | Destinations | Travelling light | Tenzing & co | Experiences | Map - Location|
Welcome to Domas Inn
History of Doma's INN
Doma's inn is open for you and yours, In the winter of 2010 Tsering and I heard of the then owner of Ivy Cottage, wanting to sell. So although I was happy to buy the place, I did not want to build, and the furthest from my mind was to build an inn!
Now... what Tsering wants Tsering gets.
The rest is a colossal effort of mind body and soul. Many hours of design, and pretending we are architects, plumbers, masons, coolies, engineers, etc. We finally, after 10 months had finished the changes to the cottage.
1. Sunil - Manager and front office lad. Sunil went to school with our youngest son Siddharth. He is from Tehri.
2. Vinod - trouble shooter and hardware specialist, son of Ram Lall, chokidar of Oakville. Vinod and our boys grew up on the tennis court of Oakville playing cricket and fighting.
3. Nandu- cook and bera- He is from Pauri Garhwal and used to run a restaurant at the local bus stand.
4. Hemu- Brother in law of Nandu and assistant kitchen person.
5. Sumati - Also from Pauri Garwhal, has had the distinction of working at the old Rokeby guest house run by Maria Bhutia.
6. Jaybeer- Chowkidar and bell boy- is from Kolti, a village which is on the way to the Aglar river down from Lall Tibba, Very close to the ol Nag temple.
The inn looks like a Bhotia tribal monastery. The Bhotias are a border tribe and we were salt traders between Tibet and the Gahrwal. Their religion is Buddhist and rituals and mostly old Tibet. Since we got stuck on this side of the border when powers that be, drew that line back in the 1800s.
1. Accommodation with breakfast.
2. Free wifi
3. TV in each room.
5. Café and restaurant.
6. Each room has its own facilities.
7. Common computer.
9. Facilities to repair any IT devices by trained IT specialist.
10. Travel desk for any local travel.
11. Tour and travel help anywhere in India, see momotours.com
12. We are a ten-minute walk from Chaar Dukaan. Landour.
13. Heating in each room.
14. Intercom connectivity.
15. 24 hours full power back up.
16. Landour Language School is a 15 minute walk from our Inn.
IVY COTTAGE, ABOVE MULLINGAR HILL
Phone No.: 0135-263-4873, 0135-263-4874, 0135-263-0734, 09259740461
|Home | Destinations | Travelling light | Tenzing & co | Experiences
Copyright © 2009 Momotours. All rights reserved.